A week ago, Washington Governor Jay Inslee signed an omnibus marijuana bill, containing many changes to the regulations put in place in 2013, after Washington voters legalized recreational marijuana sales.
Polly joined The Cannabist in December 2016 as a digital producer. She has been creating print, web and video content for a couple of decades. She returned to her home town of Denver in 2012 after living in eleven other cities in four countries, and not finding anything that could top living in the Rockies.
- Twitter: @pollywashburn
Recent posts by Polly Washburn
Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, who has built his career on talking tough on crime, drugs, and illegal immigration, says he’s accepted a job as an assistant secretary in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), The Associated Press has reported. Clarke said in an interview with WISN-AM on Wednesday that…
People in cities around the world will take to the streets on Saturday for the 2017 Global Marijuana March as a protest to end cannabis prohibition.
In a speech Tuesday, John Kelly promised that DHS, TSA, ICE and CBP would all take a hard-line stance on what he called a “potentially dangerous gateway drug.”
In a memo sent to the U.S. attorneys, Jeff Sessions indicated he created a task force to evaluate marijuana policy as part of a larger review of crime reduction and public safety.
Roger Stone caused a sensation last week when he wrote a blog post imploring the Trump administration not to interfere with marijuana legalization efforts.
The majority of U.S. states now have a medical marijuana law in place, but the laws don’t yet go far enough, says advocacy group Americans for Safe Access.
The Colorado cannabis industry says the IRS is conducting an unauthorized criminal investigation using the state’s seed-to-sale database. FULL REPORT
Maryland’s medical marijuana program faces a potential new delay after a judge Thursday ordered a temporary halt to the program pending a hearing as part of a lawsuit that alleges regulators failed to consider racial diversity in licensing businesses. Baltimore Circuit Court Judge Barry Williams granted a temporary restraining order…
Award-winning chef Hosea Rosenberg shared this recipe for cannabis-infused chocolate pudding. Follow step-by-step. FULL RECIPE
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
- 1Here's what just changed in Washington state marijuana laws
- 2Report: Medical marijuana could poach more than $4B from pharma sales annually
- 3"He lied to me": Trump's budget lets down families hit by drug addiction crisis
- 4Largest, most rigorous study to date confirms CBD oil helps some kids with epilepsy
- 5IRS trawling state-run pot database to block Colorado marijuana companies from claiming tax deductions
- 1How to make cannabutter in 7 steps
- 2Why are people going to the emergency room for weed?
- 3Vape pen reviews: 12 portable vaporizers that stand out
- 4Bipartisan “Path to Marijuana Reform” bills introduced to decriminalize, protect, regulate cannabis industry
- 5Concentrates 101: How to consume them — dabbing, vaping and more