The International Church of Cannabis opened its doors on 4/20 with a dialed-back event. Elevation Ministries leadership was forced to switch to an invitation-only approach after city officials threatened arrests.
Alex joined The Cannabist as Editor in April 2017. He started his journalism career in Colorado as a reporter at community newspapers and national ski magazines before heading to New York to work as an editor at Condé Nast Traveler and digital travel startup Jetsetter.
Recent posts by Alex Pasquariello
As cannabis enthusiasts celebrate 4/20, the long shadow of the Trump Administration has also has sent chills across a blossoming cannabis industry and the wider decriminalization and legalization movement.
The International Church of Cannabis is setting up shop in a historic Denver building, drawing curiosity and concern ahead of its official opening April 20.
Elevationism doesn’t resemble traditional religious practices, and its formation and structure are even less orthodox.
Colorado Rep. Jared Polis talks with The Cannabist about marijuana policy, states’ rights and why AG Jeff Sessions needs to ‘get with the times.’ SEE THE FULL INTERVIEW
Where a buzz hits you can tell you a lot about what you’ll be in for. Here, the 303 Kush sat in the center of my head — right behind my eyes — and camped out. This is the kind of “Magic Eye High” where you find yourself looking at something, but also through it at the same time. And, to be fair, this is exactly what I was looking for.
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
- 1Here's how Jeff Sessions has disrupted marijuana industry with words alone
- 2"The DEA has lost its moral authority": Rep. Jared Polis pulls no punches in exclusive interview
- 3Denver cannabis church's debut doesn't go exactly as planned
- 4Colorado PTSD marijuana bill advances to House vote, gains amendments focused on children
- 5Study: National medical marijuana laws would save lives -- and a billion taxpayer dollars
- 1Concentrates 101: Why vape or dab? Potency, flavor & other factors
- 2How to make pot brownies the easy way: a beginner’s guide to edibles
- 3Dab essentials: the best dabbing rigs and gear
- 4‘Something’s going to have to give’: An untenable conflict between feds, legalized states
- 5Cannabis philanthropy helps heal Drug War wounds