Marijuana taxes paid the lion’s share of the new Pueblo County Scholarship Fund that on Tuesday awarded 210 students $2,000 each for the 2017-18 academic year.
Alex joined The Cannabist as Editor in April 2017. He started his journalism career in Colorado as a reporter at community newspapers and national ski magazines before heading to New York to work as an editor at Condé Nast Traveler and digital travel startup Jetsetter.
Recent posts by Alex Pasquariello
Cannabis is joining the ranks of the financial, advertising, and alcohol industries with the formation of its first self-regulatory organization.
Singer-songwriter Greta Gaines’ new album “Tumbleweed” includes bonus track “Light it Up” benefiting marijuana advocacy non-profit groups.
Sneak peek: Sam Elliott plays an aging Western icon with a golden voice – and a penchant for high-grade marijuana – in “The Hero,” Brett Haley’s latest indie film. FULL STORY
High Times magazine now has outside ownership for the first time, in a reported $70 million acquisition by a group of investors including Damian Marley and Colorado cannabis power players
The fifth annual Mother’s High Tea brought some of the most influential women in cannabis together to remember their struggles, honor their successes and uphold a new generation of leaders.
The leader of the International Church of Cannabis, Steve Berke, had a first community meeting to answer concerns from Washington Park neighbors.
Concentrates and edibles are grabbing more market share from traditional flower, and medical marijuana patients spend three times more than recreational users.
The International Church of Cannabis opened its doors on 4/20 with a dialed-back event. Elevation Ministries leadership was forced to switch to an invitation-only approach after city officials threatened arrests.
As cannabis enthusiasts celebrate 4/20, the long shadow of the Trump Administration has also has sent chills across a blossoming cannabis industry and the wider decriminalization and legalization movement.
The International Church of Cannabis is setting up shop in a historic Denver building, drawing curiosity and concern ahead of its official opening April 20.
Elevationism doesn’t resemble traditional religious practices, and its formation and structure are even less orthodox.
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
- 1This driver had 54 times the legal limit of THC in his system, say Washington cops
- 2'Major milestone': Colorado hits half a billion in cannabis tax revenue
- 3Feds hold closed-doors meetings with Colorado officials known to have doubts about weed
- 4Feds visit Colorado to research marijuana regulation, black market, enforcement
- 5If I use cannabis topicals, will I test positive on a THC drug test?
- 1Ask The Cannabist: How do I dose my homemade edibles with BHO?
- 2Cannabis concentrates 101: How to consume them — dabbing, vaping and more
- 3Dabbing essentials: the best dab rigs and gear
- 4Why are people going to the emergency room for weed?
- 5How to make pot brownies the easy way: a beginner’s guide to edibles