Sweet potato soup is a cold-weather must. If you have never tried it and you are a sweet potato fan, give this weed recipe a whirl.
Wicked White Sweet Potato Soup
3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in sections
2-3 tablespoons cannabutter
3 scallions, chopped
½ cup parsley leaves fresh or fried (see below), dried well
2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
1 teaspoon curry powder
½ teaspoon cayenne powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons half-and-half
2-3 cups stock, chicken or vegetable
Fresh parsley for garnish
Cannabutter how-to: Make the best cannabutter in 7 easy steps
Making cannabutter and cannabis oil concoctions: The ultimate guide with tons of tasty weed recipes
1. Place the potatoes in a large soup pot and cover with water by several inches. Simmer the sweet potato till very tender, about 20-25 minutes. Drain.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, heat a medium saucepan with the cannabutter. Sauté the scallions for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. If you are planning to add the fried parsley, heat a couple of inches of canola oil in a small saucepot. When hot, add the dried parsley to the hot oil carefully — it may splatter a bit — and fry for a few seconds, just until the parsley crisps. Place on paper towels to drain.
4. Place the cooked sweet potato in the bowl of your food processor and puree. Gradually add the remaining ingredients, ending with the stock, until completely smooth.
5. Heat the soup before serving. Ladle into serving bowls and top with fresh parsley as a garnish.
My friend Carole gave me a basket of what she called “white sweet potatoes.” I think they are a bit sweeter than the orange ones. And what’s a yam and what’s a sweet potato? Good question, I’ll Google that.
To use up my gifted taters, I made sweet potato and banana pancakes and also a sweet potato and lamb stew that were wonderful. It had raisins and some dried apricots, and turned out very, very good. I also made this soup, and it rocked, so I thought I’d share it with you.
The soup is easy if you have a blender or food processor. It lasts for several days, and is perfect in a thermos as a yummy lunch, maybe with a piece of corn bread. And there is nothing wrong with baking a sweet potato till soft, top it with some brown sugar or honey and a teaspoon of cannabutter. Doesn’t that sound good?
I infused some fabulous Irish butter with a couple of ounces of Blackberry Kush, an indica that is awesome for both insomnia and pain, and I have been feeling great. I was having stress headaches and this weed takes care of it. Headache free. Lately I have been making edibles with hybrids, so a switch to a full on indica was a nice change. Enjoy.