When cooked right, skirt steak is a great cut of meat. It is tender, has lots of flavor, and it holds a marinade beautifully.
This herbaceous, tangy chimichurri sauce is a perfect complement to the earthy potatoes and mushrooms. Save a little, you will want to eat it again after the weed kicks in!
Cannabist Q&A: Fielding queries from readers about all marijuana matters
Skirt steak with chimichurri sauce
1 bunch flatleaf parsley, washed, stems removed
10 cloves garlic
8 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons canna-olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon diced onion
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
2 lbs. skirt steak cut into manageable sections
4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
1½ cups assorted mushrooms (could include trumpet, brown clamshell, forest, nameko, or maitake)
1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Sprigs of fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons canna-olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oven to 325 degrees.
1. In a blender or food processor combine the parsley, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, onion, rosemary, and salt and pepper. Puree.
2. Place the mixture in a double-lined, zip-lock bag and add the meat. Marinate in the fridge overnight. Allow to come to room temperature before cooking.
3. Place the potatoes, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and rosemary on a baking sheet with sides. Drizzle with the canna-olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
4. Bake in the oven, tossing gently a couple of times with a spatula, until the potatoes are tender and golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.
5. Ten minutes before the potatoes are done, heat a cast iron skillet or prepare your grill. Cook the steak about 3-4 minutes per side.
6. Evenly divide the potato-mushroom mixture on dinner plates and keep warm. When the steak is cooked, allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Slice and place the steak on top of the vegetables. Magnificent!
More Kitchen Kush: What else do you feel like making? We’ve got the recipes sorted,
appetizers || entrees || desserts