Let’s just come out and say it: Trifle is the perfect dessert.
Cake, custard, fruit and whipped cream. Come on, how could a dish be any better? Well, I’ll tell you how: Add weed.
We have used our favorite medicated almond cake as the base of this magnificent dessert. Feel free to change the cake, custard or fruit. It’s that easy.
Remember: Approach the trifle with a big spoon, and dig deep; That way you get some of everything. And to make life easier, we used instant pudding. Don’t freak: When you add the extracts, it works perfectly with all the other ingredients. The almond cake was medicated with the wonderful J1, a gift from one of my best friends in the cultivation space.
How to make this triple-layer trifle, Part 1
- 1 medicated almond cake, cut in cubes
- 4 tablespoons almond syrup
- 2-3 large pkg. instant vanilla pudding, depending on size of trifle bowl — ours is huge, though size doesn’t matter
- 5-7 cups milk
- 4-6 tablespoons canna-butter, melted and cooled for 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups raspberries
- 4 cups blackberries
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
How to make this triple-layer trifle, Part 2
- Cut the cake in cubes and place half in the bottom of the trifle bowl. Drizzle with half of the almond syrup.
- Prepare the pudding using the milk, canna-butter, vanilla and almond extract. Top the cake with half of the pudding.
- Place half the fruit on top of the pudding. Continue with another layer of cake, almond syrup, custard and fruit.
- Whip the cream with the sugar and vanilla. Top the trifle with the whipped cream and sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds. Trifle can be prepared a day in advance up to the whipped cream and pomegranate stage. Remember, dig deep.