Sleek or worn down, these medical cannabis lounges are some examples of San Francisco’s know-how when it comes to the social use of cannabis.
Recent posts by Ed Murrieta
As other states grapple with public pot use, vapor lounges in San Francisco are examples of how social cannabis consumption works at California dispensaries.
An 1865 San Francisco newspaper report of author Mark Twain’s ‘Hasheesh mania’ recalls high times not unlike today. Exactly 150 years later, well-appointed dispensaries and a vast array of concentrates have given new meaning to the Gold Rush.
It’s go time this week for proposed California medical marijuana laws as Gov. Jerry Brown’s “remix” is part of a session-closing play for the Legislature.
Where a buzz hits you can tell you a lot about what you’ll be in for. Here, the 303 Kush sat in the center of my head — right behind my eyes — and camped out. This is the kind of “Magic Eye High” where you find yourself looking at something, but also through it at the same time. And, to be fair, this is exactly what I was looking for.
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
- 1New details emerge in 11-month-old Colorado boy's death linked to marijuana
- 2Couple sues after cops arrest them for hibiscus plants mistaken for cannabis
- 3Here are the new rules for legal marijuana in California, effective Jan. 1
- 4With Denver's ban on 4/20 rally organizer upheld, lawyer vows to fight any similar marijuana event
- 5Wyoming, bucking national trend, moves to tighten marijuana laws
- 1Cannabis philanthropy helps heal Drug War wounds
- 2Cannabis concentrates 101: How to consume them — dabbing, vaping and more
- 3How to make pot brownies the easy way: a beginner’s guide to edibles
- 4Game of Pain: Pushing for research on CBD’s benefits to NFL players
- 5Ask The Cannabist: How do I calculate THC for making homemade edibles using BHO?