Sleek or worn down, these medical cannabis lounges are some examples of San Francisco’s know-how when it comes to the social use of cannabis.
Recent posts by Ed Murrieta
As other states grapple with public pot use, vapor lounges in San Francisco are examples of how social cannabis consumption works at California dispensaries.
An 1865 San Francisco newspaper report of author Mark Twain’s ‘Hasheesh mania’ recalls high times not unlike today. Exactly 150 years later, well-appointed dispensaries and a vast array of concentrates have given new meaning to the Gold Rush.
It’s go time this week for proposed California medical marijuana laws as Gov. Jerry Brown’s “remix” is part of a session-closing play for the Legislature.
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
- 1Marijuana amnesty boxes set up at airport in Las Vegas
- 2Launch of cannabis beverages in Canada could be "big business" for alcohol Goliath
- 3Hershey's renews trademark battles with marijuana businesses
- 42 arrested after large illegal marijuana grow found at Colorado Springs home
- 5Cannabis descheduling not one of pharma giant's 'core priorities'
- 1How to make cannabutter in 7 steps
- 2Bipartisan “Path to Marijuana Reform” bills introduced to decriminalize, protect, regulate cannabis industry
- 3Concentrates 101: Why vape or dab? Potency, flavor & other factors
- 4“The DEA has lost its moral authority”: Rep. Jared Polis pulls no punches in exclusive interview
- 5Where is weed legal? Map of U.S. marijuana laws by state