Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper is exploring whether to release nearly 40 inmates convicted of nonviolent marijuana offenses.
Recent posts by John Frank
With a new session underway, legislation to allow special districts to collect a voter-approved tax on recreational marijuana sales is poised for easy passage.
Colorado lawmaker Dan Pabon dismissed a letter from Attorney General Jeff Sessions expressing concerns about the state’s marijuana industry as a “political ploy.”
President Donald Trump’s administration is talking tough on marijuana and creating an unusual alliance: pot smokers and the conservative Koch political network.
Denver Mayor Michael Hancock’s administration banned the organizer of this year’s 4/20 rally from hosting the event for three years citing a series of violations at the marijuana celebration.
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
- 1Colorado marijuana activist arrested in Oklahoma for felony possession with intent to distribute
- 2Launch of cannabis beverages in Canada could be "big business" for alcohol Goliath
- 3Hershey's renews trademark battles with marijuana businesses
- 4Marijuana amnesty boxes set up at airport in Las Vegas
- 5Seeking opioid crisis answers at summit, Pete Sessions waged war against marijuana
- 1Dabbing essentials: the best dab rigs and gear
- 2How to make pot brownies the easy way: a beginner’s guide to edibles
- 3How to calculate THC dosage in recipes for marijuana edibles
- 4High Style Icon: Willie Nelson, forever cool as fearless cannabis advocate
- 5Will Canada be able to fully legalize and regulate marijuana by July?