SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — San Francisco school officials say 10 middle school students who were sickened after “ingesting a substance” are believed to have consumed marijuana.
The San Francisco Unified School District said in a statement Wednesday that the students’ symptoms were “consistent with marijuana intoxication” A container labeled ‘medical cannabis’ was confiscated.
Related: Here’s why parents should talk to their kids about marijuana use
Emergency vehicles rushed to James Lick Middle School Tuesday and TV footage showed children being wheeled away on stretchers. Officials said the students had ingested an unknown substance that caused adverse reactions.
District spokeswoman Laura Dudnick said Wednesday she did not have information on whether the marijuana was in edible form or smoked.