LOTS TO TALK ABOUT
• We analyze Colorado’s $996 million marijuana sales in 2015, the outlook for this year and how things compare with other legalized states.
• What’s behind Colorado’s stunning, record-setting sales in December 2015?
• Is the Rolling Papers documentary that covers the modern world’s first legal marijuana sales and the struggles of the newspaper industry an “issue” film?
• Running with a documentary about Colorado marijuana before recreational sales started in 2014 — how did it come together?
• The biggest problems for consumers when it comes to the recreational market.
TOP MARIJUANA NEWS
Colorado sold $996,184,788 worth of legal marijuana in 2015, according to new data from the state Department of Revenue. Recreational pot sales jumped more than 21 percent from November to December, landing at $62.2 million — a monthly record in the state’s legal era. –Report by The Cannabist’s Ricardo Baca
The Colorado State Patrol arrested fewer people on allegations they were driving under the influence of marijuana last year, according to a new report. The report is the first glimpse at how the change in law is affecting highway safety, because the state patrol did not keep marijuana-specific statistics prior to 2014, when sales of recreational pot became legal. –Report by The Denver Post’s Noelle Phillips
Test your current-events knowledge on new pot shop with an unusual tie to a strip club, celebrity weed brands and 2016 state legalization among Colorado’s neighboring states.