The Colorado Springs skyline sits at the base of Pikes Peak. (Helen H. Richardson, Denver Post file)

$1,600 vet bill: The story of a Colorado dog that ate a pot edible during a walk

COLORADO SPRINGS — A weekend dog walk ends with a sky-high vet bill — all because of marijuana.

Taunya Bunte took her dog Max for a stroll on a trail in Promontory Point Open Space in Colorado Springs on Saturday afternoon.

She told our partners at KRDO-TV the dog dipped his head into some tall grass and came out chewing on something.

She didn’t think anything of it until two hours later when Max started twitching. He couldn’t walk, stand or control his bladder.

Finish this story on our partner 7News’ site.

This story was first published on