Emergency rooms in pot-legal states are busier than ever with marijuana-related visits, statistics show. Doctors and other experts talk about health issues linked to marijuana use, including the little-known cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS).
Josiah M. Hesse is a Denver-based journalist primarily covering politics, comedy, marijuana and pop culture. His work has appeared in Westword, Splitsider, Laughspin, Out Front Colorado, The Spit Take, Substance, Vice, Noisey, Colorado Public Radio, Birdy and Suspect Press.
Recent posts by Josiah M. Hesse
About an hour after I ate some potent Colorado pot edibles with writer Dan Savage, we sat down for a deep talk on sexuality, weed, bestiality and politics.
When the inspiration for the Coen brothers’ cult classic “The Big Lebowski” comes to Colorado, kooky Jeff Dowd makes a memorable, if muddled, impression.
When shopping for pot, it’s simple to grab a sativa for energy or an indica for sleep. But trying to do the same with edibles is impossible. And here’s why.
Is it worth it for black market growers to click off their lamps and go work for the man? Even if they tried to go mainstream, are employers in the legal industry motivated to hire them?
Outside of reggae music and pot smoking, mainstream society is mostly ignorant of the rich and eclectic history of Rastafari, a Hebrew-Caribbean hybrid of faith and culture.
You’re an adult now, and this is the legalized era: Getting high is no longer anything to be ashamed of. Isn’t it about time you came out to your parents as a pot smoker? Situations like this require some finesse.
The Colorado cannabis industry says the IRS is conducting an unauthorized criminal investigation using the state’s seed-to-sale database. FULL REPORT
Maryland’s medical marijuana program faces a potential new delay after a judge Thursday ordered a temporary halt to the program pending a hearing as part of a lawsuit that alleges regulators failed to consider racial diversity in licensing businesses. Baltimore Circuit Court Judge Barry Williams granted a temporary restraining order…
Award-winning chef Hosea Rosenberg shared this recipe for cannabis-infused chocolate pudding. Follow step-by-step. FULL RECIPE
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
- 1"He lied to me": Trump's budget lets down families hit by drug addiction crisis
- 2Largest, most rigorous study to date confirms CBD oil helps some kids with epilepsy
- 3IRS trawling state-run pot database to block Colorado marijuana companies from claiming tax deductions
- 4South Dakota jury acquits Colorado marijuana consultant of all charges in weed resort case
- 5These 6 groups help vets get access to medical marijuana
- 1Game of Pain: Pushing for research on CBD’s benefits to NFL players
- 2Dabbing essentials: the best dab rigs and gear
- 3Where is weed legal? Map of U.S. marijuana laws by state
- 4High Style Icon: Willie Nelson, forever cool as fearless cannabis advocate
- 5Exclusive: Here’s how Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper really feels about marijuana