Emergency rooms in pot-legal states are busier than ever with marijuana-related visits, statistics show. Doctors and other experts talk about health issues linked to marijuana use, including the little-known cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS).
Josiah M. Hesse is a Denver-based journalist primarily covering politics, comedy, marijuana and pop culture. His work has appeared in Westword, Splitsider, Laughspin, Out Front Colorado, The Spit Take, Substance, Vice, Noisey, Colorado Public Radio, Birdy and Suspect Press.
Recent posts by Josiah M. Hesse
About an hour after I ate some potent Colorado pot edibles with writer Dan Savage, we sat down for a deep talk on sexuality, weed, bestiality and politics.
When the inspiration for the Coen brothers’ cult classic “The Big Lebowski” comes to Colorado, kooky Jeff Dowd makes a memorable, if muddled, impression.
When shopping for pot, it’s simple to grab a sativa for energy or an indica for sleep. But trying to do the same with edibles is impossible. And here’s why.
Is it worth it for black market growers to click off their lamps and go work for the man? Even if they tried to go mainstream, are employers in the legal industry motivated to hire them?
Outside of reggae music and pot smoking, mainstream society is mostly ignorant of the rich and eclectic history of Rastafari, a Hebrew-Caribbean hybrid of faith and culture.
You’re an adult now, and this is the legalized era: Getting high is no longer anything to be ashamed of. Isn’t it about time you came out to your parents as a pot smoker? Situations like this require some finesse.
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
- 1Colorado marijuana activist arrested in Oklahoma for felony possession with intent to distribute
- 2Launch of cannabis beverages in Canada could be "big business" for alcohol Goliath
- 3Hershey's renews trademark battles with marijuana businesses
- 4Marijuana amnesty boxes set up at airport in Las Vegas
- 5Seeking opioid crisis answers at summit, Pete Sessions waged war against marijuana
- 1The future of buying weed: California eyed as epicenter for delivery, e-commerce
- 2Cannabis concentrates 101: How to consume them — dabbing, vaping and more
- 3Where is weed legal? Map of U.S. marijuana laws by state
- 4Marijuana concentrates 101: Shatter/BHO, rosin, kief and more
- 5Ask The Cannabist: How do I calculate THC for making homemade edibles using BHO?