So what’s happening on 4/20 in Colorado? A lot — so much that you might need a handy Colorado 4/20 guide.
On this first 4/20 after legal recreational marijuana sales started, the cannabis world is coming to Colorado. They’re coming for the Cannabis Cup, the dab parties, the weed-themed concerts, the Civic Center smoke-out and lots of “Happy Easter” jokes. We’ve been keeping a running list of happenings, and we’ll keep this updated. Have a rally or concert or party to add to the mix? Let us know here.
And now the big gigs:
1. Cannabis Cup: Trailblazing magazine High Times will bring its famous smoker-friendly trade show the Cannabis Cup to Denver for what will likely be the most successful Cup ever. April 19-20 at the Denver Mart, 451 E. 58th Ave., Denver. $75 for two-day wristband. cannabiscup.com/denver
2. Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa: The promoters are calling this big hip-hop show “Snoop’s Wellness Retreat,” a clever acknowledgment if there ever was one. The show also features YG and Smoke DZA. Who will pull the double header by attending Red Rocks’ Easter Sunrise Service that morning and seeing this show that evening? April 20 at Red Rocks Amphitheatre, 18300 W. Alameda Pkwy., Morrison. Sold out. redrocksonline.com
3. Denver 420 Rally: Organizers call this Denver smoke-out “the largest 420 rally in the world,” and they’re likely right. Expect plenty of speakers, music, vendors and, yes, public smoking. April 19-20 at Civic Center, 100 W. 14th Ave Pkwy. Free. 420rally.org
4. Slightly Stoopid, Mac Miller and Mariachi El Bronx: Remember the Hot Box at Red Rocks last 4/20? Yeah, so do we. Slightly Stoopid’s sixth headlining date at Red Rocks will mark 4/20 Eve in 2014, and their supporting cast of players should fit the vibe just fine. April 19 at Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Sold out. redrocksonline.com
5. Daze on the Green: This three-day music festival is a big one: Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe, Dumpstaphunk (playing Led Zeppelin), Kyle Hollingsworth Band, the Orb, Tea Leaf Green, Toubab Krewe and other. April 18-20 at the Sculpture Park, 1700 N. Speer Blvd. $37 for a three-day pass. dazeonthegreen420.com