With stench of 2017 lingering, lets turn over a new leaf and perfume the new year as we puff our way forward and backward in time with our latest lineup of SmokeSongs.
Fumbling across his Dell keyboard late one night back in the early aughts, Ian Gassman thwacked out the opening sentence to his first-ever music feature. It was mostly gibberish. Read more of Ian's latest jabber on The Cannabist, via Twitter, or through his Facebook feed (which is a living shrine to fan-made music videos off Youtube).
Recent posts by Ian Gassman
It’s the night before Christmas and all through the house, er, world, there’s … chaos. Tune out 2017 and turn up our latest playlist to elevate your Christmas cheer.
Thanksgiving is a holiday of trying. Despite its conflicted genocidal history and notoriously boring food, it’s also one of the few American traditions in which families come together, cook a feast and attempt to bite their tongues long enough to let the turkey’s tryptophan kick in. Music and marijuana are…
Elevate your listening experience with our new music column, SmokeSongs. Each month we’ll feature albums and a curated playlist that pair perfectly with the season — and your strain of choice.
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
- 1Munchies, meet Thin Mints: Girl Scouts will now allow cookie sales outside Colorado pot shops
- 2Netflix cancels marijuana sitcom "Disjointed"
- 3Non-U.S. citizens advised to stay away from jobs in Colorado marijuana industry
- 4Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner ends marijuana blockade for some DOJ jobs
- 5Federal appeals court hears hemp industry lawsuit challenging DEA's position on CBD
- 1Gorilla Glue lawsuit: Cannabis biz stuck in the middle of branding battle over strain name
- 2What is the Supremacy Clause and what does it mean for states’ rights to legalize marijuana?
- 3“The DEA has lost its moral authority”: Rep. Jared Polis pulls no punches in exclusive interview
- 4Global ganja: Cannabis policies rapidly evolving
- 5Best vape pens: Reviews of 12 portable vaporizers that stand out