Featured guests: Endocannabinoidology founder Christie Lunsford and Larry Ulibarri, host of the KS-107.5 Morning Show and Larry Uncensored Podcast.
LOTS TO TALK ABOUT
• What does a longtime member of Colorado’s cannabis industry think of the changes that legalization has forced over the past few years?
• Has legal cannabis become a better or worse space for women working in the industry or starting their own businesses?
• Inside views on how cannabis consulting utilized and where that field is headed.
• Are we at a point in society where local public figures can openly talk about their cannabis use, or is that still harmful for their reputations?
Watch: More videos on YouTube about marijuana in Colorado and beyond
NEW: Get podcasts of The Cannabist Show.
Subscribe to our newsletter here.
Watch The Cannabist Show.
TOP MARIJUANA NEWS
Could this be America’s first cannabis-derived prescription drug? Experimental marijuana-based drug Epidiolex significantly reduced convulsive seizures among epilepsy patients in a recent clinical trial, according to GW Pharmaceuticals, the U.K. company that makes the drug. Among the drug’s primary ingredients is cannabidiol, better known as CBD, a non-psychoactive marijuana derivative that is anecdotally known for helping some patients suffering from epilepsy, Crohn’s and other diseases. There is little scientific evidence backing up patients’ experiences with CBD, which is one of the reasons GW Pharmaceuticals’ first-of-its-kind study is so important. –Report by The Cannabist’s Ricardo Baca
Multiple marijuana recalls:
• Colorado regulators issued an advisory March 11 for recreational marijuana grown and sold by two prominent Boulder County cannabis businesses — The Farm in Boulder and Headquarters Cannabis Co., which has shops in Lyons and Boulder. The Farm said its recall is related to use of the pesticide Guardian, which was pulled from the state’s list of approved pesticides in January after it was found to contain an undisclosed, banned chemical. FULL STORY
• Colorado regulators issued an advisory March 14 for medical and recreational marijuana grown by two cannabis businesses — RR Services and Advanced Medical Alternatives. FULL STORY
–Reports by The Denver Post’s David Migoya and The Cannabist’s Ricardo Baca
Test your current-events knowledge on this year’s state medical marijuana legalization efforts, Denver marijuana raids and jailing people on pot charges.