Let’s get right to the business, dear reader: We at The Cannabist are hiring another marijuana critic.
Take your time with that last sentence. Read it again. It never gets old, does it?
But before you get too excited, read on to see if this paid freelance gig is right for you.
Our new marijuana critic will:
1. Live in Colorado and be at least 21 years old.
2. Have a strong background in writing on deadline, journalism and getting it right the first time.
3. Authoritatively know marijuana — strains, benefits, genetics, terminology, history, geography.
5. Have a professional work ethic and solid social media skills.
6. Be ready to write about marijuana publicly under your given name.
If you’re still a candidate, here’s how you can apply. (If you’re no longer a candidate, don’t be sad.)
Send us one email (via this form with an all-caps “CRITIC!” in the subject line) by 4/20 with:
1. Your full given name and city of residence.
2. One paragraph, no more than 100 words, on why you’re qualified to be our new marijuana critic.
3. A strain review — your choice — of 300-600 words.
That’s it. We don’t want your resumes. No cover letters either. Pay careful attention to the word requirements. And meet our deadline of 4/20.