Learn more about combating cannabis plant pests with a low-toxicity solution: beneficial organisms such as predatory mites, parasitoid wasps, nematodes and more.
John Chandler farmed more than 300 acres of certified organic produce for many years before he became a professional cannabis producer in Colorado in 2012. He has a horticulture degree from Texas A&M University and is a certified crop adviser through the American Society of Agronomy. He currently advises professional cannabis cultivators across the country as the vice president of cultivation technology for Colorado-based Urban-Gro.
- Email: email@example.com
Recent posts by John Chandler
Here are five considerations for irrigation system setup every commercial cultivator needs to know. Set up marijuana growing zones that are easy to monitor.
If you’re a commercial cannabis cultivator looking to achieve organic certification, it is possible, though not through traditional channels.
Our new cannabis cultivation columnist comes to the marijuana space with a background in large-scale organic farming, a horticulture degree from Texas A&M and experience farming over 300 acres of certified organic produce in the field and in the large hydroponic greenhouses.
Where a buzz hits you can tell you a lot about what you’ll be in for. Here, the 303 Kush sat in the center of my head — right behind my eyes — and camped out. This is the kind of “Magic Eye High” where you find yourself looking at something, but also through it at the same time. And, to be fair, this is exactly what I was looking for.
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
- 1New details emerge in 11-month-old Colorado boy's death linked to marijuana
- 2With Denver's ban on 4/20 rally organizer upheld, lawyer vows to fight any similar marijuana event
- 3Countdown to California recreational cannabis: Where, when, how it will work
- 4MassRoots sues founder, former CEO, alleging "serious misconduct"
- 5Cannabis firms Canopy Growth, Organa and Green House team up on a joint venture in Canada
- 1The devastating American opioid crisis… of 1908
- 2What is the Supremacy Clause and what does it mean for states’ rights to legalize marijuana?
- 3Our top 10 infused recipes, from pot brownies to dank drinks
- 4Bipartisan “Path to Marijuana Reform” bills introduced to decriminalize, protect, regulate cannabis industry
- 5How to make cannabutter in 7 steps