Learn more about combating cannabis plant pests with a low-toxicity solution: beneficial organisms such as predatory mites, parasitoid wasps, nematodes and more.
John Chandler farmed more than 300 acres of certified organic produce for many years before he became a professional cannabis producer in Colorado in 2012. He has a horticulture degree from Texas A&M University and is a certified crop adviser through the American Society of Agronomy. He currently advises professional cannabis cultivators across the country as the vice president of cultivation technology for Colorado-based Urban-Gro.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent posts by John Chandler
Here are five considerations for irrigation system setup every commercial cultivator needs to know. Set up marijuana growing zones that are easy to monitor.
If you’re a commercial cannabis cultivator looking to achieve organic certification, it is possible, though not through traditional channels.
Our new cannabis cultivation columnist comes to the marijuana space with a background in large-scale organic farming, a horticulture degree from Texas A&M and experience farming over 300 acres of certified organic produce in the field and in the large hydroponic greenhouses.
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
- 1Massachusetts' top court says workers can't be fired for using medical marijuana
- 2This driver had 54 times the legal limit of THC in his system, say Washington cops
- 3'Major milestone': Colorado hits half a billion in cannabis tax revenue
- 4Feds hold closed-doors meetings with Colorado officials known to have doubts about weed
- 5Feds visit Colorado to research marijuana regulation, black market, enforcement
- 1High Style Icon: Willie Nelson, forever cool as fearless cannabis advocate
- 2Concentrates 101: What’s on the market, from kief and CO2 oil to BHO
- 3‘Something’s going to have to give’: An untenable conflict between feds, legalized states
- 4Dabbing essentials: the best dab rigs and gear
- 5Best vape pens: Reviews of 12 portable vaporizers that stand out