The world is changing rapidly, and so are the ways we live (and love) with marijuana.
And now The Cannabist is hiring a sex columnist.
Our new freelance columnist will write about sex, relationships, intimacy, gender issues and more as it all relates to a world where marijuana is becoming legal — and oftentimes present in the bedroom. Our columnist will write about his or her own history, address trends, review related products and answer reader questions. This is a paid freelance position, and our ideal candidate will truly put him or herself out there.
These sex and relationship columns will be a place to speak frankly and intelligently about intimacy and cannabis — a space deserving of such attention, more now than ever.
Our new sex columnist will:
1. Be at least 21 years old.
2. Have a strong background in writing on deadline, journalism and getting it right the first time.
3. Have a professional work ethic and solid social media skills.
4. Be ready to write about sex and marijuana publicly under your given name.
If you’re still a candidate, here’s how you can apply.
Send us one email (via this form with an all-caps “LET’S WRITE ABOUT SEX” in the subject line) by Oct. 1:
1. Your full given name and city of residence.
2. One paragraph, no more than 100 words, on why you’re qualified to be The Cannabist’s sex columnist.
3. A sex and relationship column — on the topic of your choice — of 300-600 words.
That’s it. We don’t want your resumes. No cover letters either. Pay careful attention to the word requirements. And meet our deadline of Oct. 1.