A Sonic restaurant (John Prieto, The Denver Post)

Sonic blunders: She ordered chicken strips and fries, but not the marijuana

As Carla McFarland of Frederick, Maryland, surveyed her Sonic bag filled with fast food on June 25 — passing chicken strips and fries to her 8-year-old son and 6-year-old daughter — she came across something she hadn’t ordered: A small bag of what appeared to be marijuana.

“I just kind of sat there in my car in shock,” McFarland told The Frederick News-Post. “I kept thinking, what if my kids had eaten it?”

McFarland called the police and complained to the Sonic’s management, who told her an employee had owned up to accidentally dropping the bag. The employee was fired, and a spokesperson for the Frederick County Sheriff’s Office told the News-Post that the case was under investigation.

Remember this weird weed story? New Zealand housecat delivers “bag of drugs” to owner’s doorstep