(Kathryn Scott Osler, Denver Post file)

Colorado students who ingested marijuana edibles treated at hospital

MONTROSE—Police say two students at Olathe (oh-LAY’-thuh) High School have been taken to a hospital after eating marijuana-infused edibles and another student is under investigation.

The Montrose Daily Press reported Thursday ( http://tinyurl.com/kkxs2lh) police have turned the matter over to the district attorney to decide whether to file charges against a 14-year-old suspected of providing the marijuana.

Police are also investigating how the suspect allegedly got the marijuana. The nature of the edibles wasn’t immediately available.

Olathe Police Chief Justin Harlan says it’s too early to tell whether the incident is related to the legalization of recreational marijuana in Colorado. Adult recreational use became legal on Jan. 1.


Information from: The Montrose Daily Press, http://www.montrosepress.com

Resources — Colorado marijuana guide: 64 of your questions, answered

This story was first published on DenverPost.com