So what’s happening on 4/20 in Colorado? A lot — so much that you might need this handy Colorado 4/20 guide. We’ve been keeping a running list of happenings, and we’ll keep this updated.
“Cautiously optimistic” — that’s how outgoing Attorney General Eric Holder described his feelings about legal pot in the U.S. And many in in the still-fledgling industry will count that as a win, if only a minor one. See the video:
Cannabis connoisseurs: New market emerging to help educate buyers Sponsored by The Green Solution
As Colorado entrepreneurs look for creative ways to meet the needs of higher end consumers, marijuana-themed versions of wine tastings and food pairings are emerging in the growing pot tourism marketplace.
Growing weed from coal Sponsored by Altitude Wellness Center
Healing touch: Topicals can provide pain relief, among other benefits Sponsored by The Green Solution
Pot shops likely to adopt more robust marketing tactics Sponsored by Altitude Wellness Center
The sativa-dominant Blue Dream is what I always refer to as “workout weed.” I’ve jogged about as many times as Ron Burgundy, but I’ve been told on many occasions Blue Dream simulates runner’s high for those familiar with both. Zone out and crush reps, bro!
The last few nights I’ve had a craving for peanut butter. And this was no normal craving, mind you. I made a PB pie (with chocolate crust) and some PB dressing for an Asian-inspired noodle dish — both medicated, of course. And today I went for a small batch of peanut butter cookies.
At 58 years old, rocker Billy Idol still gets high all the time. “I still smoke tons of pot,” Idol told CBS News recently. See the video:
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
Staff picks on the Web
- A few of our favorite strains: 25 ranked reviews from our critics
- Kitchen Kush: The best cannabutter in America? Yep, in just 7 easy steps
- Opinion: Stop the public shaming of parents’ personal cannabis choices
- Dr. Drew on marijuana: "It acts like an opiate and causes severe addiction"
- Hillary Clinton on pot: "I want to wait and see what the evidence is”
The Cannabist on Twitter
- India picks up pace on economic overhaul Oct. 23, 2014
- TV runner-up Aiken seeks win in NC House race Oct. 23, 2014
- Asia stocks down on mixed China data, weak Wall St Oct. 23, 2014
- Canada's PM says shooting rampage was terrorism Oct. 23, 2014
- Officials: Teen girls likely recruited online to join Islamic State Oct. 23, 2014
- DaVita to pay $389 million to settle anti-kickback investigations Oct. 23, 2014
- Joint efforts lead to raid, arrest of 24 alleged gang members Oct. 23, 2014
- Denver teacher charged in classroom explosion that injured 4 students Oct. 23, 2014
- Jefferson County unveils new regional crime laboratory Oct. 23, 2014
- I-70 plan through Denver gets rough reception Oct. 23, 2014