So what’s happening on 4/20 in Colorado? A lot — so much that you might need this handy Colorado 4/20 guide. We’ve been keeping a running list of happenings, and we’ll keep this updated.
Arguing that two neighboring states are dangerously attempting “to selectively manipulate Colorado’s marijuana laws,” state Attorney General Cynthia Coffman on Friday defended Colorado’s marijuana legalization to the U.S. Supreme Court in a landmark lawsuit filed by Nebraska and Oklahoma.
The Cannabist Show covers marijuana in Colorado and beyond. Guests this week: Andrew Freedman, the director of marijuana coordination for the state of Colorado, and Ean Seeb, co-owner of the Denver Relief marijuana store and consulting business. Get the week’s top headlines and take the Pot Quiz.
Tangie typically stands above the rest of other “orange” strain offerings in terms of smell. It’s an orchard flush with Cuties clementines that was hit by the spray of a skunk a few days prior. I’m usually looking for muted green foxtails, but it’s usually the bright orange hairs that will catch your eye first.
Hundreds of families have moved to Colorado in hopes of healing their sick children — kids conventional medicine has failed. They’re turning to a liquid form of marijuana that has helped some, but not all. Learn more about cannabidiol (CBD) in this three-part Denver Post multimedia report.
As we leave winter behind, things are starting to green up. So cooking/smoking of the green is how we’ll roll with this batch of tasty sugar cookies topped with infused frosting.
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
Staff picks on the Web
- A few of our favorite strains: 25 ranked reviews from our critics
- 12 portable vaporizers that caught our attention (reviews)
- Kitchen Kush: The best cannabutter in America? Yep, in just 7 easy steps
- Calculating THC dosage for weed-infused recipes
- Get educated about edibles: Eight tips for getting right dose
- New in Indiana: A cannabis church gets its chance
- Update: Colorado tries again to add maternal warnings at marijuana shops
- Cannabist video: State inspectors pop in on Colorado pot shops
- Colorado AG: ‘I don’t see anything but chaos’ if states’ pot lawsuit prevails
- Video: Pot-eating deer has made it to the big time, a.k.a. ‘The Daily Show’
The Cannabist on Twitter
- John Axford leaves Rockies' spring training after son, 2, is bit by a rattlesnake Mar. 31, 2015
- Obama commutes sentences of 22 people in federal prison Mar. 31, 2015
- Gunsmoke Guns in Wheat Ridge searched by ATF agents Mar. 31, 2015
- No nuke agreement yet: Iran talks push past deadline Mar. 31, 2015
- US releases military aid to Egypt, cites national security Mar. 31, 2015
- Lufthansa: Co-pilot told flight school of depressive episode Mar. 31, 2015
- Watch: 3D Printing in Denver Mar. 31, 2015
- State Department found 4 emails about drones sent by Clinton Mar. 31, 2015
- Denver top for home price appreciation in January Mar. 31, 2015
- Coroner: Suspect killed by officer in Moffat County was high on meth Mar. 31, 2015