So what’s happening on 4/20 in Colorado? A lot — so much that you might need this handy Colorado 4/20 guide. We’ve been keeping a running list of happenings, and we’ll keep this updated.
Marijuana activists lost an initial bid Friday to strike down special taxes on recreational pot because they require businesses and consumers to implicate themselves in federal crimes.
Grandma’s got a brand new (dime) bag Sponsored by The Green Solution
What comes around goes around. After coming of age in the pot culture of the 1960s, then raising kids in the “Just Say No” era, the Baby Boomer generation is returning to recreational cannabis use as they reach retirement age.
New school construction will be green in more than one way Sponsored by Altitude Wellness Center
Healing touch: Topicals can provide pain relief, among other benefits Sponsored by The Green Solution
A short (short) history of American pot reform Sponsored by Altitude Wellness Center
The key to a good Super Lemon Haze is all in the nose. Look for lemony with a savory, buttery undertone. “It’s the Swiss Army knife of sativas in that I can count on it for a boost in mood, energy, or creativity. Pretty much anything but sleep.”
I have been doing a bit of hiking recently and have decided to make a batch of dried fruit bars to bring along. They don’t have to be refrigerated, which is a huge plus this time of year.
New Denver clothing company Hemp House has come up with an intriguing promotion, offering free eighths of weed to qualifying customers and spreading the word online.
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
Staff picks on the Web
- A few of our favorite strains: 25 ranked reviews from our critics
- Kitchen Kush: The best cannabutter in America? Yep, in just 7 easy steps
- Denver pot tourism guide: Useful info for toking travelers
- Denver clothing company's gift promo: Free weed with purchase
- These 24 Washington marijuana shops are licensed to open July 8
The Cannabist on Twitter
- $2.4B Revel casino to shut down early Tuesday Sep. 2, 2014
- More storms roll through Midwest with hail, winds Sep. 2, 2014
- Report of guns closes C-470 for more than an hour; 2 arrested Sep. 2, 2014
- CSU coach McElwain reacts to Mayor Hancock's slip up Sep. 2, 2014
- Two dead, two injured in El Paso County crash Sep. 2, 2014
- Police: Denver shooting leaves one critically injured Sep. 2, 2014
- Police seek suspect who crashed car into Aurora home, fled Sep. 2, 2014
- Detroit's historic bankruptcy trial to begin Sep. 2, 2014
- Police: Aurora armed standoff ends in apparent suicide Sep. 2, 2014
- Rockies wash away quickly in resumed-game loss to Giants at Coors Field Sep. 2, 2014