So what’s happening on 4/20 in Colorado? A lot — so much that you might need this handy Colorado 4/20 guide. We’ve been keeping a running list of happenings, and we’ll keep this updated.
Concerned that federal policies toward marijuana usage in states that have legalized the drug often are “at odds with one another,” the four U.S. senators from Colorado and Washington state are asking the White House to intervene and establish “consistent and uniform” guidelines across the administration.
Vegetable gardeners, pot growers boosting hydroponics supply Sponsored by Altitude Wellness Center
Hydroponic and indoor grow operation supply companies have been opening and expanding since medical marijuana laws in Colorado allowed individuals to grow plants for personal use.
Pot shops likely to adopt more robust marketing tactics Sponsored by Altitude Wellness Center
Employment law vs. legalization Sponsored by The Green Solution
Healing touch: Topicals can provide pain relief, among other benefits Sponsored by The Green Solution
Two hits of the Grape Stomper and I had a very Headband-esque buzz pulsing through my face and body, with my mind racing and everything else coming to a screeching halt. It was as if I was the guy revving his engine at a stoplight that wasn’t turning.
I have been doing a bit of hiking recently and have decided to make a batch of dried fruit bars to bring along. They don’t have to be refrigerated, which is a huge plus this time of year.
Susan Sarandon is talking about marijuana again: “People don’t get mean on weed, don’t beat up their wives on weed and don’t drive crazy on weed. They just get hungry, don’t go out of the house, or laugh a lot. I think it would make for a much more gentle world.”
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
Staff picks on the Web
- Bill O'Reilly's pot poll: Think he expected this result?
- A few of our favorite strains: 25 ranked reviews from our critics
- Weed everywhere in Colorado, yet black market for marijuana thriving
- Kitchen Kush: The best cannabutter in America? Yep, in just 7 easy steps
- Is marijuana legalization inevitable?
The Cannabist on Twitter
- US stocks fall sharply as earnings disappoint Jul. 31, 2014
- UN official: Vietnam violates religious freedom Jul. 31, 2014
- Immigration courts speed up children's cases Jul. 31, 2014
- Demoted worker shoots CEO, kills self in Chicago Jul. 31, 2014
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds 2011 union law Jul. 31, 2014
- Fire eases as it approaches Yosemite sequoias Jul. 31, 2014
- Foreclosure rates down, but 1.9% of Colorado home loans are delinquent Jul. 31, 2014
- Fired Denver deputy appeals his dismissal for punching inmate, lying Jul. 31, 2014
- Comm Games athlete fined for assault on rival Jul. 31, 2014
- Palestinians mull war crime charges against Israel Jul. 31, 2014