So what’s happening on 4/20 in Colorado? A lot — so much that you might need this handy Colorado 4/20 guide. We’ve been keeping a running list of happenings, and we’ll keep this updated.
The author of Washington’s recreational marijuana law has suggested that Spokane test its sewage for traces of the cannabis chemical THC, to get a more accurate picture of pot use by residents.
A short (short) history of American pot reform Sponsored by Altitude Wellness Center
Colorado may be the first state to legalize and regulate the selling of marijuana for recreational use, but other parts of the U.S. began whittling away at anti-marijuana laws as early as the 1970s.
Just say “Maybe”? Schools changing tactics Sponsored by Altitude Wellness Center
Strain Theory: There’s a decent mood elevation that makes this passable for daytime smoking. However, as I mostly use it before bed, it’s kind of become my “sleep number” strain. No matter what’s going on with me, it adjusts.
There is something about the crusty top and the creaminess under that crust that certainly makes this dish a contender as the ultimate comfort food. You can always vary the cheese, or add veggies or bacon. Bacon would be amazing.
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
Staff picks on the Web
- A few of our favorite strains: 25 ranked reviews from our critics
- Now hiring: Sex columnist, with weed focus (apply by Oct. 1)
- Snoop Dogg smoked marijuana at White House, he says (video)
- Kitchen Kush: The best cannabutter in America? Yep, in just 7 easy steps
- Watch: Coats vs. Dish Network at Colorado Supreme Court
- Big changes rolling out for Colorado recreational marijuana industry
- Video recipe: Grandma’s small-batch peanut butter cookies (infused)
- Vegetable gardeners, pot growers boosting hydroponics supply
- Top 20 tweets: Coats vs. Dish Network could rewrite pot, employment laws
- Cannabist Q&A: mailing to Texas, Red Rocks’ pot policy, growing for friend
The Cannabist on Twitter
- Aurora won't see any marijuana retail stores opening Wednesday Oct. 1, 2014
- Confusion abounds as Colorado Supreme Court considers workers' pot use Oct. 1, 2014
- Hickenlooper, Beauprez offer clear contrast in Denver Post debate Oct. 1, 2014
- Mayor: Denver failed to deliver on promised cost savings with new jail Oct. 1, 2014
- Armed man with criminal record rode elevator with Obama in Atlanta Oct. 1, 2014
- Proposed $839.6M Denver airport budget adds $4 million for new execs Oct. 1, 2014
- Falling commodity prices pressure Colorado shares Oct. 1, 2014
- Monday's hailstorm pelted south metro Denver homes and auto dealers Oct. 1, 2014
- Troubled Louisville-based RGS Energy drops out of commercial solar Oct. 1, 2014
- Royals work overtime, beat A's in AL wild-card thriller Oct. 1, 2014