Yikes, this Jimmy Kimmel video is funny. Kimmel sent one of his men to an L.A.-area medical marijuana shop to quiz customers on their way in. Each person was asked two questions — one on current events, another on cannabis culture. The results are hilarious. See the video.
Gov. John Hickenlooper is preparing to release his state budget for the next fiscal year on Nov. 3 — the day before Election Day — raising the stakes on whether he will support returning money to taxpayers. The potential for a refund on pot taxes via TABOR adds a complication in state budget negotiations.
More illegal than pot? 5 weird Colorado laws Sponsored by Altitude Wellness Center
While Colorado led the marijuana legalization charge nationwide, that doesn’t mean residents are free to do anything they want. Here are five odd things that are now more illegal than pot in Colorado.
From seed to weed: What does it take for your green to grow? Sponsored by The Green Solution
Headband is a cross of a high-flying sativa with some heavy indica. It provides an immediate head high that is extremely euphoric and uplifting, like serving for an ace.
Deviled eggs are dipped in whole-wheat crumbs and cannabutter, then fried up. The garnish of scallion and bacon can soak up whatever cannabutter was not absorbed by the breadcrumbs.
A Halloween costume that dresses babies as a marijuana leaf? Yes, seriously. And here’s why the man selling these pot leaf Halloween costumes is pushing boundaries this Halloween.
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
Staff picks on the Web
- Florida vote: MMJ initiative 'is done,' says pollster
- A few of our favorite strains: 25 ranked reviews from our critics
- Kitchen Kush: The best cannabutter in America? Yep, in just 7 easy steps
- Neil Young tells Howard Stern his secret cure for high paranoia
- Oregon polls: If youths show up and vote, pot legalization is more likely
- Opinion: ‘Halloweed’ candy hysteria is unfounded and insulting, so let’s stop
- Medical marijuana could be spoiler in Florida governor’s race
- Cannabist Q&A: Harvest time and other reader Q’s
- A short (short) history of American pot reform
- Coast-to-coast police warnings about pot candy getting ridiculous
The Cannabist on Twitter
- Rebuilt Hawaii town offers look at life after lava Oct. 31, 2014
- Witness: Space tourism rocket explodes in desert Oct. 31, 2014
- Bear Creek mystery: Water testers seek source of E.coli contamination Oct. 31, 2014
- After murder suspect is caught, a sigh of relief Oct. 31, 2014
- Rockies exercise team option on relief pitcher LaTroy Hawkins for 2015 Oct. 31, 2014
- Trick-or-treating back on after manhunt ends Oct. 31, 2014
- Adams County authorities investigate attempted child luring at school Oct. 31, 2014
- Denver clerk declares Saturday "Bike in Your Ballot" day Oct. 31, 2014
- Denver coroner IDs two women killed in shooting; suspect apologizes Oct. 31, 2014
- Broomfield Police arrest man in building evacuation, hazmat case Oct. 31, 2014