Yikes, this Jimmy Kimmel video is funny. Kimmel sent one of his men to an L.A.-area medical marijuana shop to quiz customers on their way in. Each person was asked two questions — one on current events, another on cannabis culture. The results are hilarious. See the video.
“Cautiously optimistic” — that’s how outgoing Attorney General Eric Holder described his feelings about legal pot in the U.S. And many in in the still-fledgling industry will count that as a win, if only a minor one. See the video:
Cannabis connoisseurs: New market emerging to help educate buyers Sponsored by The Green Solution
As Colorado entrepreneurs look for creative ways to meet the needs of higher end consumers, marijuana-themed versions of wine tastings and food pairings are emerging in the growing pot tourism marketplace.
Growing weed from coal Sponsored by Altitude Wellness Center
Healing touch: Topicals can provide pain relief, among other benefits Sponsored by The Green Solution
Pot shops likely to adopt more robust marketing tactics Sponsored by Altitude Wellness Center
The sativa-dominant Blue Dream is what I always refer to as “workout weed.” I’ve jogged about as many times as Ron Burgundy, but I’ve been told on many occasions Blue Dream simulates runner’s high for those familiar with both. Zone out and crush reps, bro!
The last few nights I’ve had a craving for peanut butter. And this was no normal craving, mind you. I made a PB pie (with chocolate crust) and some PB dressing for an Asian-inspired noodle dish — both medicated, of course. And today I went for a small batch of peanut butter cookies.
At 58 years old, rocker Billy Idol still gets high all the time. “I still smoke tons of pot,” Idol told CBS News recently. See the video:
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
Staff picks on the Web
- A few of our favorite strains: 25 ranked reviews from our critics
- Kitchen Kush: The best cannabutter in America? Yep, in just 7 easy steps
- Opinion: Stop the public shaming of parents’ personal cannabis choices
- Dr. Drew on marijuana: "It acts like an opiate and causes severe addiction"
- Hillary Clinton on pot: "I want to wait and see what the evidence is”
The Cannabist on Twitter
- Massive cheating scandal at UNC involved athletes Oct. 23, 2014
- Royals take first battle of bullpens from Giants Oct. 23, 2014
- European economic survey in surprise improvement Oct. 23, 2014
- China opposes sending North Korea to int'l court Oct. 23, 2014
- Tesco chair resigns after accounting scandal Oct. 23, 2014
- Cyprus president hospitalized in Brussels Oct. 23, 2014
- Cyprus: crews locate wreckage of small plane Oct. 23, 2014
- Stocks sink as oil falls, China factories slumber Oct. 23, 2014
- Hyundai Motor's 3Q profit falls 28 percent Oct. 23, 2014
- Denver teens' travel stirs terror appeal concerns Oct. 23, 2014