There’s a cloud of uncertainty hanging over the 2017 High Times Cannabis Cup in Nevada, following word that federal authorities warned the Moapa Paiute Tribe about potential intervention in the cannabis-centric event.
Bruce Kennedy is a veteran communications professional and multi-media journalist who has years of experience in international and business news. He started covering Colorado's cannabis industry in 2010.
Recent posts by Bruce Kennedy
The Cannabis Wedding Expo, expanding to three states in 2017, helps enthusiasts incorporate marijuana into their big day. Get tips and ideas from the pros.
Though their history goes back centuries, the trusty water pipe is at a crossroads, as marijuana legalization changes how pot enthusiasts consume their cannabis.
Despite their support for cannabis legalization and increasing social acceptance, many millennials are reluctant to talk openly about their marijuana use.
While marijuana consumers and enthusiasts might be rejoicing over the recent string of electoral victories for cannabis legalization, they also still face some new and quite sobering realities.
Federal law prohibits marijuana and its transportation across state lines; but the new number of cannabis-friendly states sharing borders may end up testing that ban.
Metropolitan areas across the country are enacting ordinances to decriminalize marijuana, while their home states often attempt to enforce far stricter laws.
Wine experts are working with marijuana growers in California’s well-known Emerald Triangle to set up standards that define specific regions and brands.
Scientists in China recently made an exciting discovery – uncovering what they call an “extraordinary cache” of cannabis at a burial site that’s thought to be about 2,500 years old.
Is this a good time to get into the legal marijuana industry? Here’s what the high-profile entrepreneurs on ‘Shark Tank’ have to say about it.
Even with half the nation having legalized medical marijuana, motorists from legalized states are still facing extra police scrutiny in traffic stops.
With its government’s approval, this nation in the Middle East has emerged as a powerhouse in medical cannabis research and development for more than 50 years.
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
- 1Woody Harrelson gives up weed after "30 solid years" of partying
- 2One big thing marijuana opponents warned you about is definitely not happening
- 3Colorado countdown to 4/20: Your guide to what's happening when
- 4Colorado pot clubs bill passes through House committee, showdown with governor likely
- 5At least 20 times this decade, marijuana SWAT raids turned deadly
- 1Help! My 13-year-old is smoking marijuana. What do I do?
- 2How to calculate THC dosage in recipes for marijuana edibles
- 3Vape pen reviews: 12 portable vaporizers that stand out
- 4How to make canna-oil: Tips and tricks from Kitchen Kush
- 5How to make pot brownies the easy way: a beginner’s guide to edibles