The Cannabis Wedding Expo, expanding to three states in 2017, helps enthusiasts incorporate marijuana into their big day. Get tips and ideas from the pros.
Bruce Kennedy is a veteran communications professional and multi-media journalist who has years of experience in international and business news. He started covering Colorado's cannabis industry in 2010.
Recent posts by Bruce Kennedy
Though their history goes back centuries, the trusty water pipe is at a crossroads, as marijuana legalization changes how pot enthusiasts consume their cannabis.
Despite their support for cannabis legalization and increasing social acceptance, many millennials are reluctant to talk openly about their marijuana use.
While marijuana consumers and enthusiasts might be rejoicing over the recent string of electoral victories for cannabis legalization, they also still face some new and quite sobering realities.
Federal law prohibits marijuana and its transportation across state lines; but the new number of cannabis-friendly states sharing borders may end up testing that ban.
Metropolitan areas across the country are enacting ordinances to decriminalize marijuana, while their home states often attempt to enforce far stricter laws.
Wine experts are working with marijuana growers in California’s well-known Emerald Triangle to set up standards that define specific regions and brands.
Scientists in China recently made an exciting discovery – uncovering what they call an “extraordinary cache” of cannabis at a burial site that’s thought to be about 2,500 years old.
Is this a good time to get into the legal marijuana industry? Here’s what the high-profile entrepreneurs on ‘Shark Tank’ have to say about it.
Even with half the nation having legalized medical marijuana, motorists from legalized states are still facing extra police scrutiny in traffic stops.
With its government’s approval, this nation in the Middle East has emerged as a powerhouse in medical cannabis research and development for more than 50 years.
SALEM, Ore. — The marijuana business in Oregon is becoming a bonanza for the state. The Oregon Department of Revenue announced Tuesday it received $5.3 million in marijuana tax payments in January. The grand total of $65.4 million received in the year since Oregon started taxing pot sales is blowing…
For the first time I can remember (insert memory joke here), I’ve felt like I’m too busy to get high lately. As a daily toker for years, this makes frighteningly little sense. I point to examples of high-functioning peers all the time when confronted by the “Pot makes ya dumb!” crowd, yet here I find myself apprehensive to indulge.
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
- 1Trump administration puts recreational marijuana in crosshairs
- 2Hair drug testing: Useful information for marijuana consumers
- 3Poll: Majority of Americans support legalization, want feds to step off
- 4Report: America's marijuana industry headed for $24 billion by 2025
- 5Colorado man who mailed marijuana edibles out of state sentenced to year in fed prison
- 1Energy-sapping marijuana cultivation a growing worry
- 2Stop what you’re doing: This map shows how many people are getting high near you
- 316 cannabis lifestyle trends that helped define 2016
- 4Study: States with medical marijuana have lower prescription drug use
- 5Where is weed legal? Map of U.S. marijuana laws by state