The Cannabist spoke with insiders from a wide spectrum of Colorado cannabis companies to get their take on where the industry stands in 2017
Bruce Kennedy is a veteran communications professional and multi-media journalist who has years of experience in international and business news. He started covering Colorado's cannabis industry in 2010.
Recent posts by Bruce Kennedy
There’s a cloud of uncertainty hanging over the 2017 High Times Cannabis Cup in Nevada, following word that federal authorities warned the Moapa Paiute Tribe about potential intervention in the cannabis-centric event.
The Cannabis Wedding Expo, expanding to three states in 2017, helps enthusiasts incorporate marijuana into their big day. Get tips and ideas from the pros.
Though their history goes back centuries, the trusty water pipe is at a crossroads, as marijuana legalization changes how pot enthusiasts consume their cannabis.
Despite their support for cannabis legalization and increasing social acceptance, many millennials are reluctant to talk openly about their marijuana use.
While marijuana consumers and enthusiasts might be rejoicing over the recent string of electoral victories for cannabis legalization, they also still face some new and quite sobering realities.
Federal law prohibits marijuana and its transportation across state lines; but the new number of cannabis-friendly states sharing borders may end up testing that ban.
Metropolitan areas across the country are enacting ordinances to decriminalize marijuana, while their home states often attempt to enforce far stricter laws.
Wine experts are working with marijuana growers in California’s well-known Emerald Triangle to set up standards that define specific regions and brands.
Scientists in China recently made an exciting discovery – uncovering what they call an “extraordinary cache” of cannabis at a burial site that’s thought to be about 2,500 years old.
Is this a good time to get into the legal marijuana industry? Here’s what the high-profile entrepreneurs on ‘Shark Tank’ have to say about it.
Even with half the nation having legalized medical marijuana, motorists from legalized states are still facing extra police scrutiny in traffic stops.
With its government’s approval, this nation in the Middle East has emerged as a powerhouse in medical cannabis research and development for more than 50 years.
Where a buzz hits you can tell you a lot about what you’ll be in for. Here, the 303 Kush sat in the center of my head — right behind my eyes — and camped out. This is the kind of “Magic Eye High” where you find yourself looking at something, but also through it at the same time. And, to be fair, this is exactly what I was looking for.
Get The Cannabist Newsletter
- 1Here's how Jeff Sessions has disrupted marijuana industry with words alone
- 2Denver cannabis church's debut doesn't go exactly as planned
- 3Study: National medical marijuana laws would save lives -- and a billion taxpayer dollars
- 4Who trashed Civic Center? Park was clean after Denver 4/20 rally, organizers say
- 5What's going on with getting recreational marijuana off the ground in Massachusetts?
- 1How to make pot brownies the easy way: a beginner’s guide to edibles
- 2Bipartisan “Path to Marijuana Reform” bills introduced to decriminalize, protect, regulate cannabis industry
- 3What is the Supremacy Clause and what does it mean for states’ rights to legalize marijuana?
- 4Concentrates 101: What’s on the market, from kief and CO2 oil to BHO
- 5Federal marijuana law enforcement: What you need to know